Saturday 9 April 2016

The Seven Year Change over.









Most of us will be familiar with the phrase the seven-year itch ~ either from the Marilyn Monroe movie, or the reference to the psychological term which suggests that happiness in a marriage begins to decline around seven years in.
It is also suggested that our lives change every seven years, due to seven year cycles.
Now this is something that up until five minutes ago I had not been aware of as a thing.  I had been pondering what topic on which to construct my next post, and as I was perched on the counter-top in my kitchen, my mind began thinking about a pattern I had started to notice in relation to my own life.
Every seven years or so, the direction of the course of my life begins to shift.

This led me to wonder whether this was a universal phenomena, or whether it was simply coincidental to me that I decided to follow different directions every seven years.
So I did what most of us do when we have have a question ~ I googled it ( how wonderful it is to have a wealth of information at our finger-tips!).  And as it turns out, the seven year change theory is actually a thing!

On Innerself.com their article Cycles of Seven mentions that at the age of around 30 years old, there is a momentum which pulls us towards change, due to the suggestion that around this time 'we are still moving out of the Saturn return' which also suggests we may be feeling the desire for 'change and a new direction'.  If this is a topic of interest, head over to innerself.com and make sure to check out the article Cycles of Seven and Learning to Flow with the Cycles by June K. Burke (http://innerself.com/content/living/leisure-and-creativity/4516-cycles-of-seven.html).

My current mood and shift in attitude towards my current life situation and the motivation to change course is actually in alignment with the life cycles we all go through.  This provides some comfort to my fragile little mind and the chaos which is reigning supreme at present!  I'm actually amazed that I had not come across this concept before.  There are a plethora of articles and blogs written on this very subject!  And there was me thinking I had discovered something new.

Just under seven years ago I began my journey as a mother.  And now I have come to the end of my life's chapter as a student.  I can sense the ripples of important changes preparing to descend upon me.  And I am so very ready.  And so very scared!

Will this be the cycle of change where I actually give myself the kick up the ass I've been threatening myself with and actually follow through on my dreams of traversing the globe with my son indefinitely?  I fucking hope so!

Even if my physical location may not change for a little while longer yet (finances obviously!) there are significant changes occurring in the inner landscape of my being.  

What are your thoughts?  Have you noticed your life changing in accordance with the seven year cycles?  Or do you call bull-shit on the whole idea?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Peace and love

x


No comments:

Post a Comment